January 2, 2013
Greetings. I’m feeling really positive about year 2013. Don’t ask me why, but there’s just something really gloomy about 2012, yknow with all the predictions that the world might end and all that crap. Maybe that scare was good for mankind, maybe it was some sort of a reminder that life will pass you by before you know it. Out of curiosity, I looked up the horoscope for this year and it’s looking mighty fine. I am well aware that work is gonna be tough, so I definitely need to get myself well prepared for it.
2013 horoscope – The Dragon In Love
The Chinese 2013 horoscope for Dragon shows us that your goal for the 2013 year of Snake is to make sure that no one is being walked all over. This means first and foremost that you must make sure your partner is not taking on the brunt of your frustrations. It’s true that you appreciate someone that stands up to you and that doesn’t back down when you confront them, but you also have a tendency to get into situations where this isn’t the case. Don’t be a bully.
If you currently have a partner who isn’t quite standing up to you the way that you need them to, then it is time to end that relationship. They won’t change, you won’t change – the only way to enact real change is to walk away. On the other hand, if you are in a relationship with someone who does stand up to you, make sure they’re not doing so too much. It’s common for the Dragon to be so attracted to people who don’t back down that they end up being with someone who won’t back down even when it’s a necessary. Remember that any good relationship requires compromise and both you and your partner must be willing to compromise.
2013 horoscope – The Dragon at Work
Your determination is going to be needed this 2013 year of the Snake. The Chinese 2013 horoscope for Dragon shows that your work live will be in turmoil. Even if you’ve been in your current position for a number of years, restructuring in the company or your department could mean an end to your job as you know it. If there are a few spots left, be prepared to fight for them.
No matter what happens this 2013 year, and a lot will happen, don’t let go of your fire-breathing ways. When necessary, take the needed time to grieve the past and grieve the things that haven’t gone your way, but then get back up and rise like the phoenix from the ashes. You are good enough, you are smart enough, and people really do like you. (source)
Last night. Happiest Birthday bro
Before the crowd.
Make some noise peeps! Bro’s bunch of uni friends singing the karaoke in the theater room.
Cutest maximus Julius. It rhymes!
What a beautiful first of January. Now time to post up some really backdated photos via instagram.
On the way to the airport with mum & dad.
SQue platter. Yummy!
Braised beef brisket by the famous chef Emmanuel Stroobant from his own TV series “Chef in Black”.
Singapore’s bright night lights
Thanks again Vincent for showing us around.
Brothers at Clarke Quay.
Ellie is tired?
Uncle brought us to try this really good “mee poh”. It’s interesting coz there’s salted fish that goes with it!
Sun tanning session. Hello Marina!
What a cute teddy and squirrel !
Supergroove @ Gardens By The Bay.
And this is how you pout.
Some amazing live band @Balaclava,ION.
The usual pretty Christmas decor along Orchard Road.
Singaporean Bak Kut Teh goodness !
Ebi rice burger @ MOS Burger
Little India decor.
Critically acclaimed as one of the best chicken rice in Singapore, well to be honest it’s the best I’ve ever tasted!
pinach served w century egg, salted egg & silky egg gravy. Oh my oh my gawd!
My undying craze for salmon
My favourite french toast, for like RM3?
Lunch at Pasta Zanmai.
Brownthepom is always happy!
Assam laksa at its best!
Yellow Thai curry noodles.
Bumped into Sherene at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus when I was there for a design crit session.
Chaos in the morning.
My favourite from my batch of students.
Ellie had a great fall T_T
Such interesting menu @Fong Lye.
Chubby cheeks // gangsta night.
My all-time fav nyonya curry noodles!
fav new pair of comfy shoes!!!
Sometime two weeks ago in Pappa Rich Bangsar. A note from the next table LOL.
Thanks Bella for the Xmas gift!
Melissa Thng (go support her on Asia’s Next Top Model okay!), Safira, Isabella, myself & sorry I forgot her name.
Braised Lava Egg @Paradise Dynasty.
La Mian x Xiao Long Bao.
Saw that pretty car while driving… but my brother thinks it’s ugly!
Brownthepom looking all dreamy and sleepy.
Lunch date with Melissa & her family, we were hunting for Xmas presents!
Melissa, Cassandra & myself at Laura Mercier @The Gardens.
My new beauty goodies from Laura Mercier. Highly recommended but it’s a lil pricey!
Brutal Chili Crab!
Christmas with my cousins. Meet my nephew Eugene!
Awesome planner for year 2013.
New Pandora charm. A really pretty bell with white pearl.
I’ve heard quite a bit about NYX, decided to give a few products a try considering it’s relatively cheap. The pore filler works wonders!
Trip to Bandung, Indonesia last week. Our gorgeous view from the hotel room!
I love, love, love this hotel. If you ever visit Bandung, look up for Sensa Hotel.
A pretty cool artist impression of the hotel.
It’s amazing how contrasting life on the ‘other’ side can be.
They sell helmets at the supermarket. COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!
Es Teller since 1982. One of my fav indo food place in Melbourne, it’s a must try! Food’s awesome. Lontong,nasi uduk,etc.
Super cool deep fried fish ey? — at Radja Ketjil-Sari Banon Ciwalk.
All the way from Caesar’s Palace LOL. Thanks again Jasmine Hu!
Lunch with Xiang, Chammaine and Bryan!
Chammaine’s left for Chicago.
Finally met up with Megan!
To sum up this post, I hope that we can all find a way to see the good in every bad situation we get caught in. If there’s anything that I’ve learned from 2012, changes are necessary. It’s not something we should be afraid of. Things can sometimes change for the better, and it all comes down to a matter of perspective. So, the way YOU look at EVERYTHING matters. Try not to wallow in self-pity. It gets you nowhere. Self-pity dries up our sympathy for others. Looked up online, and found this helpful tip. Here’s a serious not-to-self..
Devise A System for Yourself
When you become aware that you are nourishing this self-pity try to do things that help you deal with self-pity. You can choose any of the following:
- Exercise: Exercise helps you in getting rid of the negative thoughts. Toxins are also flushed out of your body when you exercise and so does the self pity.strikes you. But you can choose other healthy activities.
- Power of Choosing: Train your mind to think in different manner. You can always tell your mind that you will not chose victim-hood. It is not a cliché but really true that you should start counting your blessings. If you can’t think, then take a pencil and paper and write down your blessings. Blessings and self-pity are mutually exclusive events. So after jotting down be sure that you will not be feeling pity for yourself.
- Throwing Pity out, out of self-pity: Sometimes you can’t exercise or write down your blessings. Then try this powerful technique to get out of self pity. Close your eyes. Think about self-pitying thoughts with FULL force. Let them come. Concentrate on bundling all the self-pity thoughts. Then imagine of a well, toilet seat, dustbin, window or whatever catches your fancy. One by one, dump all the self-pity in that pit. ALL of it. Try doing this mental exercise whenever you feel the need. One day you won’t feel the need for this exercise.
- Stop Powering Others or Forgive and Forget: Again it may sound like a cliché but its not. Forgive and forget is the one of the most empowering thoughts you can adorn yourself with. Past is gone. No matter how much you want to go back there, the truth is you CAN’T. But present and future is in your hand. If you don’t forgive and forget that means you are giving unnecessary power to others to hold you down. You are giving others to remote control your life that too from distant past. Take that remote control in your hand. Let go of the old grudges and sorrowful happenings. You will fell lighter.
- Stop Comparing: You are your own unique person so how can you compare yourself with others? You will be bombard with good life ads from TV, magazines, newspapers etc. don’t let them define for you what is good for you. Do your own things. Find out what makes you happy and contented. Set out to achieve your own goals not what others are saying. So don’t pay attention to ads and feel like a loser. Embark on the path of self discovery.
- Create a Positive Force Around you: It is not something very difficult to achieve. You don’t have to be a highly spiritual person to possess a positive aura around you. You have to smile a lot, laugh a lot, develop a sense of humor, help others, get a hobby, spread warmth and nurture friendships. You can always cultivate these qualities. A healthy positive force helps in getting rid of self-pity. (source)
No related posts.