January 22, 2013
Good day readers. Sorry I haven’t been updating, was too caught up with life and things are sorted out now. I’m not feeling fantastic about my workout, it’s sort of upsetting too, that it’s been raining in the evening. The lack of basketball makes me sad. Last weekend was a massive cheat weekend. Took it quite a decent amount of carbs, and I should really try to eat as clean as possible this week. (But I’ll be in Penang for food hunt, ahhhh the irony) Mind over matter. Ellie, you need to stop caving in to your gastronomy pleasures.
Fringe is finally long enough for me to do a side braid.
Dinner with the Melbourne gang – Jasmine Hu, Teo Hong & Leon.
FYI, My Elephant was voted Best Thai in the Time Out KL Food Awards 2012. I’m all about Thai food. The total bill added up to about RM180 for 4pax, 6 dishes for 4 people was a little crazy. But hey, appreciate the goodness of food while we can. Asian food is way too overpriced in Aussie. I would highly recommend this place, I usually frequent the one in Section 17 PJ. (for more info: http://www.myelephant.com.my/)
From top left:
- Gaeng Keow Wan – Thai Green Curry myElephant Style RM19
- Yum Woon Sen – Glass Noodle + Prawn and Squid RM10
- Khai Jiao Ho Mok – Our Special Egg Omelettewith Fish Otak-Otak. RM15
- Tom Som Clear Galangal -Lemongrass-Lime Soup with Aromatic Thai Herbs with seafood. RM28
- Plah Nung Manow – Steamed Fish with myElephant’s Signature Lime-Garlic-Chilli Padi Dressing. RM52
- Plah Meuk Yang Prik Kluea – Grilled Squid with Chilli & Salt. RM21
Thanks Jasmine for the awesome choc chip x oatmeal cookies.
Hokkien Mee is like, the bomb.
I’ve been spending quite a lot of time with Brownthepom. Isn’t he just adorable? He’s turning eight soon!
Brownie posing with his new 2013 dog tag.
Hung out with my close girlfriend back in highschool, Hui Ching. (@neecoolee) We had such an amazing time catching up, and its just really nice to look back at good old days when I was all wild and cray cray!
In case you didn’t know, both Zara & MNG have crazy sales and they’re probably my favourite brands whenever I shop in Malaysia. These European brands are overpriced in Melbourne. It was quite a massive shopping spree. Retail therapy works!
I’m sure you’ve heard of Marutama Ramen right? Its literally a bowl filled with goodness. I would say that it’s probably slightly on the expensive side, priced at about an average of RM25-30 for a bowl, but if you’re a food lover, go for it. The complexity of the broth, and the consistency (tried it for about 5 times now) is pretty remarkable. Portion, texture, presentation has been consistent and really quick service!
Lancôme Teint Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Loose Powder in #02 RM155
- Teint Miracle doesn’t just target skin illumination on the surface as other reflective/luminescent products do, it is also based on the way light behaves on and inour skin. Simply put, light is absorbed by our skin and part of it is reflected; the more light that is reflected gives our skin a glow and makes it look more radiant. However, dry/aging/tired skin does not allow light to reflect uniformly. Lancôme’s patented pigments go a step further than ordinary light-reflectors: they reproduce the reflection of natural inner light, based on the theory of light absorption and reflection (the science behind it involves the light spectrum and how it works with the collagen, melanin, haemoglobin in our skin).
- The particles in the liquid light essence are five times smaller than mother-of-pearl pigments traditionally used in light-reflecting foundations. As such, the skin looksluminous, not shiny. Unlike mother-of-pearl whose reflections are more irregular, the micro-particles diffuse light uniformly and offer better surface radiance.
- It has 10 times less opaque fillers and almost 40% pure water for natural coverage and correction.
- It contains a skincare complex with soothing rose extract (hence the light rose fragrance in the foundation) for hydration and skin luminosity.
In simpler terms, if you have fairly dull skin and you need the extra sparkly effect on your face, this would be a good pick. I usually use press powder for finishing touches, but this translucent one feels really lightweight and it doesn’t make you look like you have a tonne of make up on. Less is more?
Lancôme L’Extrême Waterproof Mascara RM95
Well personally, I’m not a really a huge fan of using the mascara but I am now. I don’t know about you but I always do my research before even trying it out at the store to read up on critiques for products. Lancôme has always been a reputable make up brand, and I’ve watched countless Youtubers especially Michelle Phan’s on her never ending support for Lancôme cosmetics. Anyway, I really love the intensity and you don’t need to apply a lot in order to achieve long and thick lashes. I don’t like it when it feels too heavy and you don’t even need to have falsies on to make your eyes pop.
- The supple fibers extend lashes to the extreme
- Mascara is waterproof and will last all day
- Film polymers make L’Extreme waterproof
- Patented High-Contact brush catches every lash and deposits a perfectly even coat of mascara for maximum lengthening.
- FibreStretch™ formula, with supple fibers, extends lashes to the extreme.
Urban Decay Naked Basics RM98
- The long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked is the palette everyone needs in their beauty arsenal. With six versatile and extremely wearable Naked shades, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades. Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel, so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.
- 6 x 0.05 oz eye shadows in Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (very light yellow/white matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).
For the latest extension Urban Decay has shunned their usual 12-pan design, thrown out the shimmers and sparkles, presented a trimmed down edit of neutral matte textured shadows. I’m all about nude shades, and I really love the size of this palette.
Benefit The POREfessional RM115
Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin. Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.
To use under makeup: Apply to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat on problem areas & blend with fingertips.
To use over makeup: Pat on lightly over makeup & blend.
That’s all for today’s post on beauty goodies!
wrote this a few days ago:
You know what’s crazy? Life. There are times when it all feels like a joke. Times when you feel so incredibly small, like an ant in the desert. Yknow to be honest, I think I’m finally grasping the whole idea of life and the roll of unpredictability that makes it all so unique. Things happen when you least expect it to. People just pop out of nowhere in your life, and paint your world oh so colorful again. Gone were the days where you feel like you’re a trooper heading to war, not knowing if you’ll survive the battlefield. All of a sudden, you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or perhaps, even a helping hand, all stretched out to pull you out of whirlpool. There was a point in time when giving up seems to be the best bet. Why risk going through the same vicious cycle when you can finally breathe and be free? Perhaps I have gotten it all wrong.
You don’t find love, it finds you.
At the darkest hour, in the most random way, God decides to spend a little more time on you.
“That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don’t expect to get anything back, don’t expect recognition for your efforts, don’t expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability, or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are.”
Honestly, I guess we should all just deal with one problem at a time, and live in the moment.
No related posts.